1. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want to organize your block. Include your name, address, and block description (for example, SE Harney St. between 13th and 15th). Between 15 and 20 households is a good size group for handling the crucial first hour after a disaster.
2. Let us know if you need Map Your Neighborhood booklets and how many.
4. Choose a meeting date and personally invite your neighbors. You may want to create a small flyer to leave with people giving the meeting place, day, and time. Here are a few sample flyers: Sample Meeting Flyer; Sample Potluck Meeting Flyer.
5. Conduct the meeting using the simple-to-follow agenda.
6. After the meeting, send email to email@example.com and let us know the date and place of your meeting and how many households participated.
We will add you to our google group so you will receive all preparedness announcements and have a place to discuss preparing and relating issues with others in the neighborhood.